November 6, 2009
Perhaps due to the newness of being able to divorce online, I quite often ask if a divorce processed this way is as legal as one done in the more traditional sense. The quick and easy answer is YES – of course it is.
A divorce processed online is exactly the same as if you went and sat in front of a solicitor and done the same thing – the key differences are that we process all the administration, there is no need to meet face to face – and of course it’s a lot cheaper.
The journey of all your paperwork is exactly the same in essence – you fill it out, it comes to us, we take it ( and this is something a lot of people don’t realise ) to the court and put it in front of a Judge, who signs it and makes the divorce complete. Really, all we’re doing is taking out the physical element of trudging along to see a solicitor.
The signs are that more and more people are starting to use online divorce services as an alternative to the more traditional route, and the realisation that you can have a DIY Divorce package for as little as £69 is definitely starting to take hold.
Of course if you do still have any reservations, queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us – one of our trained customer services advisor’s will be on hand to take your call.
October 5, 2009
Whilst divorce itself dates back hundreds of years in 1 way, shape or form, online divorce is still a very new thing, and the most common question I get asked when I talk about online divorce, is ” Why should I use an Online Divorce service rather than go down the normal route of using a High Street lawyer? “.
Before I wax lyrical about the pro’s of using our service, I will point out that using an online divorce service is by no means the route for every separating couple – we do have strict guidelines about who our service is best suited for – if your break up is amicable ( and by this, I mean both parties are in agreeance with the divorce going ahead ), then it is likely we can help you.
So then, why use us? My top 5 reasons are below :
1. Service - We pride ourselves on our service. All our customers come to us via an online channel, which means we do not get to meet them face to face – I see this as a bad point really – so in order to make up for that lack of face to face contact, we offer exceptional service, in fact we pride ourselves on it. Our advisors are available from 9am until 6pm Monday to Friday, and we now offer a weekend service as well. So if you are new to us and want to know some additional info, or you are already in the process with us and need an update – we are always on call to help you out – how many High Street solicitors can say that!!
2. Price – Perhaps one of the primary reasons we started this service is we realised in a high % of modern divorce cases, there was just a formality of paperwork to take care of. So why pay a solicitor in excess of £1000 when in all honesty all that needs to be done is fill out some forms? Our service starts from just £69 for a DIY divorce. So at a time when you should be saving every penny, we help you save £100′s of pounds.
3. Speed and Efficiency – In most cases we will have your divorce started, processed and finalised so you are officially separated within 100 days.
4. Its just so easy – I couldn’t think of any other way to put this – the process we have in place makes everything so easy, there really is no stress or complicated paperwork for either of the divorcing parties to go through. We even fill out the forms for you, so all you have to do is read and check them, and then sign them. What could be easier?
5. We care - As clichéd as it may sound, we care about our customers. We know that a time of divorce can be a sensitive time, so we endeavour to work in a professional and sensitive manner to respect this. We do not mind going that extra mile for our customers, and we have a policy that any additional costs incurred in the divorce proceedings are absorbed by us as long as they do not come about through information not made available to us at the start of the proceeding.